Principles for Processing Personal Data
Our principles for processing Personal Data are:
- Fairness and lawfulness. When we process Personal Data, the individual rights of the Data Subjects must be protected. All Personal Data must be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
- Restricted to a specific purpose. The Personal Data of Data Subject must be processed only for specific purposes.
- Transparency. The Data Subject must be informed of how his/her data is being collected, processed and used.
What Data Do We Collect?
We may collect personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) and information about how our website is being accessed and used (“Usage Data).
We collect several different types of Personal Data for various purposes. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
When you access the website, we automatically collect the following Usage Data:
- Your IP address
- Browser type
- Browser version
- Pages of our website visited
- Time and date of visit
- Time spent on the pages
- Unique device identifiers
- Other diagnostic data
Your IP address may be associated with your location. We do not otherwise obtain your location data.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse your usage of our services.
How Will We Use Your Data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Contact you because you have indicated that you would like to receive information from us about our services and/or programmes or provide you with our services and/or programmes
- Notify you about changes to our services and/or programmes
- Provide support with regards to our services and/or programmes
- Gather analysis or information so that we can improve our services and/or programmes
- Improve our web site
- Monitor usage of our web site
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues
We may share your Usage Data with service providers for technical services related to our web site. We do not share your Personal Data with others unless we obtain your consent to do so.
Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing Personal Data
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described in this Data Protection Policy depends on the Personal Data we collect and the specific context in which we collect the information:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- Processing your Personal Data is in our legitimate interests
- We need to comply with the law
Data Protection and Security
The security of your data is important to us, and we strive to use commercially reasonable and acceptable means to protect your Personal Data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
If we suspect that a security breach has occurred, we may attempt to notify you and use reasonable means to alert you.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Data Protection Policy.
We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your city, governate, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
We may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters or marketing materials and other information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service.
We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
Privacy Policies of Other Websites
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your Personal Data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. We may ask you to verify your identity before responding to requests. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email: [email@example.com]
You have the right to file complaints to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
How to Contact Us
Email us at: [firstname.lastname@example.org]